Orthopedic Health of KC Newsletter Aug 2020
In This Issue:
- COVID-19 Precautions
- Total Joints Focus
- Hand Focus
COVID-19 Precautions at OHKC
In this post COVID-19 world, deciding where to safely social distance can be difficult. The hope is that businesses (especially those within healthcare) are taking measures to provide the safest environment possible for patients. OHKC is no different. We take the safety of our patients and staff very seriously and have implemented the following safety measures:
- Patients are screened with questions pertaining to COVID-19.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask or face covering.
- Patient temperatures are taken by the clinic staff.
- Patients are given the opportunity to wait for their appointment in the car if they are uncomfortable in the waiting room.
- Each patient may have no more than one person accompany them to their
- Social distancing within the waiting room is encouraged between patients.
- Our NKC waiting room is large enough to keep people separated.
- The Centerpoint waiting room has had seating rearranged and some seats removed to help with social distancing.
- Each exam room is thoroughly cleaned after each patient. This includes light switches and door handles.
- The waiting room chairs and check-in counters are wiped down several times a day.
- We are currently working on installing glass shields at the check-in and check-out areas of both offices.
Focus On: Total Joints
Joint replacement or revision of the knee or hip is surgically removing parts of an arthritic, painful, or damaged joint and replacing with a metal, plastic, or ceramic device called prosthesis.
The fellowship-trained Total Joint specialists on staff at Orthopedic Health of Kansas City are Dr. Jeffrey Krempec and Dr. John Eggers.
Focus On: Hand
Hand specialty includes the treatment of fractures and injuries of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Hand surgeons offer surgical and non-surgical treatment of a variety of upper extremity problems to restore function and reduce pain.
The fellowship-trained Hand specialists on staff at Orthopedic Health of Kansas City are Dr. Paul Nassab and Dr. Jeffrey Bradley.