Orthopedic Health of KC Newsletter April 2021
In This Issue:
- Tips for Traveling
- Focus on PhysicianAssistants
- Urgent Care ClinicReminder
Tips For Traveling
Whether you are planning a big trip or a small staycation this summer, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help keep your body healthy.
- Stretch. Vacations don’t usually include heavy-duty workouts, but with sightseeing often comes increased activity.
- Choose to walk. It may be tempting to hop on the golf cart or take the shuttle butopt for the slight increase in heart rate when you can.
- Hydrate. Bring a water bottle from home; even if this means packing an empty water bottle in your suitcase.
- Rest. Don’t forget to schedule downtime.
- Eat breakfast. Whether you prefer a sit-down meal or a banana and peanut butter, make morning protein a must.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a hat. Pack or buy sunscreen and have some fun shopping for a new hat that will shade your face.
- Sanitize. This most likely comes as second nature but don’t leave your safe hygiene habits at home. Pack plentyof wipes or hand sanitizer.
Planning a summer vacation can be fun and exciting. Travel safely and healthily!
Urgent care clinic
With summer quickly approaching, don’t forget about our urgent care clinics. OHKC has two walk-in clinics that are both open Monday thru Friday from 8 am until 8 pm. TheNorth Kansas City clinic also offers Saturday hours from 8 am until noon. For most orthopedic needs, come see our urgent care clinic.Visit one of our orthopedic walk-in clinics today!
Focus On:Physician Assistants
A Physician Assistant (PA) is a medical professional who performs physical exams, orders and interprets tests, diagnoses illnesses or injury, and manages treatment plan sin collaboration with our physicians.
Our PAs are an essential part of the healthcare team at OHKC. They include Stephen Muhlbach, RyanSmith, Alexa Moberly, KatyBurton, Amanda Bedwell,Jake Spexarth, BretGerstner, Corrine Bricher,Katie Green, KatelynKeltner, SummerSnowden, Brandon Merrill,Nikki Vogel, and CourtneyAdams.